Coding Class For Beginners in English
This online programming course is suitable for beginners, aged 9-13+,interested to access the coding world.
We will learn about programming elements and basic concepts through actual implementation while playing. We will use the well-developed programming software designed especially for children and we will learn about the concepts that any programmer in the world is familiar with.
In each class, we will develop our own project, from simple to complex ones, so as to foster the children’s programming logic and their algorithmic thinking. We will get familiar with the concepts of variables, loops, conditions and algorithmic thinking.
In each session we will develop a game! We will have fun and learn at the same time!
What are we learning?
- Animations – the optical illusion of motion, created by overlapping images over a certain period of time
- Movement- moving a character from one point to another
- Infinite loops- repetitive structures
- Variables- the size of a certain type of data that can change its value several times during the carrying out of a program
- Random Numbers
- Movement coordinates
- The graphic elements and images editing
- Mathematical elements
What is the structure of the courses?
- Once you have selected and paid for your favorite course, you will enroll automatically according to the application form.
- The day prior to course starting you will receive the details for the online class on the provided email address.
- All the applications used during the class are open sourced and you will not be charged extra.
- You will need a stable internet connection.
- This course is exclusively online, using the Zoom interface (for an easy communication teacher- student) and the Scratch application.
- For children aged 9-13 years old
- 12 sessions of 90 minutes, once a week
- The lessons are exclusively online, live and interactive
- Access to the e-learning platform
- Online assessment test after completing the level
- Certificate of Level Completion